Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Mac’s BBQ - Skiatook 

So I finally got the chance to try another BBQ icon here in NE Oklahoma, Mac’s BBQ in Skiatook. It was good, it makes it to #4 on my rankings of Oklahoma BBQ cause my top 3 are pretty stacked. 

They are located at 1030 W Rogers Blvd in Skiatook and are open Tuesday through Saturday 11am to 8pm. They’ve got a active Facebook page and a website www.macsbbqok.com. Mike McMillan started the restaurant in 1985 and was a competition bbq guy who has won awards at  the American Royal and the Jack Daniels World Championship. 

The menu is pretty basic and they do own sauce. I had a 2 meat combo with pulled pork and sliced brisket along with campfire potatoes which is like a cheesy hash brown casserole and baked beans that had a nice amount of meat in them. Brisket had nice flavor and wasn’t dry. The pulled pork was middle of road but I didn’t get a lot of flavor even out of the bark. I’ll go back and try the ribs.

My wife went with her normal and got the chopped brisket sandwich and campfire potatoes. My father-in-law had the brisket and my mother-in-law had a baked potato with chopped brisket. 

They bring in jalapeño and cheese sausages from BurnCo about once a week and they also sold Butcher BBQ’s Honey Rub(one of my personal favorites.)

It’s a nice casual atmosphere with friendly folks working. Great place for a quick bite and some ladies may appreciate the food(those are great ladies!) It rates out at $-$$ and I look forward to my next trip. 

#blog #food #foodreview #foodblog #bbq #brisket #pulledpork #bakedbeans #campfirepotatoes #Skiatook #Oklahoma 

No comments:

Post a Comment