Friday, October 20, 2017

Copan Restaurant and Truck Stop

This is a place from my childhood that I recently took the time to revisit. My only regret is that I hadn’t been back sooner. 

The Copan Restaurant has been going strong for over 20 years in the little community just south of the Oklahoma/Kansas State line on US HW 75. They are open 6am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and are closed Sunday. Breakfast is served all day. 

So I get there right at 11 and it’s a good thing I did. The lunch rush came in shortly after. I ordered the thing that I had eaten in this restaurant many times as a kid, the chicken fried steak! I paired it with mashed potatoes and gravy and some mac and cheese. It also came out with a homemade yeast roll(sorry I forgot the picture I was too enamored in eating.) The CFS was hand breaded, covered half my plate, and was fork tender! Just as good as I remembered. 

I took home half of my lunch, but grabbed some pie to go which, if you are just out for a random drive and want some dessert, this pie is worth it. Homemade chocolate and a piece of coconut(I had to bring the wife something or I was going to be in trouble!) 

It’s not what most would call a “date night setting” but it is good casual American food. The run a daily special as well, which I believe was brisket that day. Price wise they are $-$$. You catch more information by finding them on Facebook. I look forward to another trip back. 

#food #foodblog #foodreview #Americandining #chickenfriedsteak #pie #Oklahoma #Copan

1 comment: