Friday, November 26, 2010

Zio's Italian Kitchen

Well I told you I would get you another blog soon and here it is. Today's spot is Zio's Italian Kitchen in Tulsa. There are two of them, one at 71st and Mingo(where I ate today) and one at 81st and Lewis, across from ORU. Obviously, it is an Italian joint that is in the same family as the Mazzio's pizza chain. We ate about 4:30 and it was fairly not busy for a Black Friday after noon. They of course have a wine selection and a few beers. They do have a bar with a couple of small tv's.
    We got started with some bread with herbs and olive oil to mix in while we waited. It took about 15-20 minutes for our food, I got a salad, my wife got soup. The kicker is, waiter didn't mention that it was extra to have those. The tomato florentine was quite good and the salad was nice with a quality bleu cheese dressing. I enjoyed chicken and cheese tortellini alfredo and the wife had a meatball sandwich. Food was pretty good, not the best Italian I've ever eaten, but was still good.
      As a "date night" spot, I think this gets a 4 out of 5 from me. I have been there with a full restraunt that has been pretty loud which can sometimes make conversation difficult. Still has enough class to impress a lady though and the atmosphere make give it enough for a 4 ouf of 5.
      For being "guy friendly," I give it more of a 2 out of 5. At my location at least, only a couple of small tv's, but there is a bar. If your group is into drinking wine and talking about politics, books, and the like, it is a little more guy friendly for you, but this is MY blog, and it isn't cutting it for me.
     Cost it gets a $$-$$$$ rating, depends on how much alcohol, appetizers, and desserts you order.

Basic info, I believe they are open 11AM-11PM most days and I did read that they take reservations. They have a website http://www.zios.com/ and you can check them out on Facebook and Twitter.

Well there is my 1st review of a spot in NE Oklahoma. Feel free to leave a comment, I would enjoy hearing from you.

Until next time, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment